Bird List To Date

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gulls & Sapsuckers

Went out for a paddle around Gold Island yesterday morning in the warm sunshine (today it's pouring rain!). The Eaglets were no longer in their nests & four adult Ospreys were flying around the Island. An juvenile Red-naped Sapsucker (119) was in the little bay near the Ward's Ferry Trail. I suspected they nested in the area but was never able to confirm that. A pile of rocks was home to about 30 Common Mergansers. They swam away and I noticed a grayish bird remain. Upon closer look I saw it was a gull and since it wasn't a Ring-billed I thought I better take a look and get a photo. As mentioned before, gulls don't often come to Shoreacres. They are usually flying over and don't land. This one turned out to me a juvenile Herring Gull (120). 


No comments:

Post a Comment