Bird List To Date

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Solitary Sandpiper

I went for a walk along the river this evening in search of migrating sandpipers. I did see a small peep a few days ago but was without binoculars and didn't positively identify it. Today it was easier the shorebird I saw was easier to identify as it was the larger Solitary Sandpiper (122) which I see in the ponds each August. 

Also about are lots of tiny greens frogs (as big as my thumbnail) everywhere. This is an annual event. They are Pacific Tree Frogs.

Lurking in the reeds I noticed a rather large crocodile as well! I'll have to keep a close eye on the grandkids next time they come to visit...

2 comments:

  1. We just saw our first Solitary S'piper of the fall here in Tucson yesterday morning. And within the week I'll be seeing my first of the BC autumn, too, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rick

    When will you be in here again? Let me know and if you have time, let's get together.

    ReplyDelete