Bird List To Date

Monday, June 14, 2010

Glade & Ward's Ferry Trail


Cycled over to Glade this morning to check on the nest boxes. One was empty, the second had 5 just hatched naked, eyes closed Black-capped Chickadees and the last had a Tree Swallow sitting on 6 warm eggs. Lovely!

Continued on to a large grassy field where I heard and saw Bobolink (113) last year. I had to wait a while but I did finally see a male. It's possible a female was present but the bird was too far away to id.

I wanted to check out the Ward's Ferry Trail as a few years ago we heard a Dusky Flycatcher singing. I did here what could have been either a Dusky or Hammond's but it didn't sing long enough for me to listen carefully. On the way back I saw a female Black-headed Grosbeak (114). They had eluded me so far this spring so it was nice to see. Lots of vireos and warblers singing plus I saw a couple of male Lazuli Buntings. They are so gorgeous!

Glade is a great place to cycle or walk. Rarely a car in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment