Bird List To Date

Friday, June 4, 2010

New bird for Shoreacres!

I finally had a chance to get outside this evening after a day of work and rain. I was warmly rewarded with a calling Sora (100) in the wetland pond. First time I've ever heard them here before. Larry and I went back out again when I got home to listen and we both heard the distinctive call.

Then, I heard the call of a some Vaux's Swifts (101). While living in Nelson I was used to listening to them every day and evening for 2-3 months in the summer so I am quite in tune to their call. Here I only hear/see them occasionally. 

A pair of Bullock's Oriole's made their presence known this afternoon and there was one little lonely Mallard duckling in the pond. The Brewer's Blackbird nest is still active. Yeah!

Tomorrow is the annual bird count. I'll post my results in my blog. Larry and Al are going out in Al's boat and Val is going to watch birds in her area. 


No comments:

Post a Comment