Bird List To Date

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Willow Flycatcher & Common Nighthawk

I heard my first Willow Flycatcher (98) this morning. I found a nest a few years ago and they have been around every year since I moved here. They build small compact nests in small trees and bushes, quite open but manage somehow to go unnoticed by the Crows as they quietly slip on and off them.

The Brewer's Blackbird nest has young! About 4-5 slightly fuzzy balls. There was no sign of movement when I checked but the parents were vocal, although no more than usual. 

Lots of activity with the Swallows, Hummingbirds, Flickers, Osprey and Flickers. 

While waiting for a client to arrive I saw my first Common Nighthawk (99) flying around the house. Then, later, while enjoying some liquid gold on the back deck, a commotion from the Brewer's Blackbird drew my attention to a Cooper's Hawk that had prey in its' talons. Later, I saw him fly low over the river as he was being harassed by the blackbirds.


No comments:

Post a Comment