Bird List To Date

Friday, May 21, 2010

Finally!

Finally, after almost two months of waiting, I heard a Western Meadowlark (86) this morning. Normally, they are commonly seen and heard starting in mid-March. Glad to know they are still in the area. I heard the familiar 'churring' of a Bullock's Oriole (87). Despite their bright orange, black and white colouring, they can blend into the leaves very well and can be hard to spot. If I didn't know their call, I'm sure I would have missed him. A pair of Blue-winged Teal were in the small pond with a Mallard. The Bald Eagles are still tending their nest so I'm hopeful they have offspring this year. 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love Western Meadowlarks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now he won't stop singing! But I'm not complaining. Thanks for following my blog Alison. Hope you are enjoying your time in Vancouver. Give me a call if you come here this summer.

    ReplyDelete